Thursday 29 April 2021

grasp

 


my friend has been with me every day for the last 15 years

on the days i cannot get out of bed they lay with me

they hold me close by

maybe not always peacefully but i always know they're there


there was something about the way they comforted me

by how they were always there

they felt like home to me

maybe not always happily but i always know they're there


i tell them they are holding me back but they still grab on tight

when we talk about healing they change the topic

they used to be everything to me

maybe not always comfortably, but i always know they're there


i am starting to think that we would be better off apart

so i can start to feel like my own person again

they won't leave me alone

maybe one day they will, but i always know they have been here

No comments:

Post a Comment

day one

day one. it doesn't get harder than day one. the flooding realisation that you're back here, after trying so hard. day one. when it ...